Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Running with Music...or without

Today's training plan had me running 3 miles. I planned to run outdoors because well, really where we live is incredibly beautiful and great for running (minus those pesky hills!). I almost always run outside except when it is raining or too late in the day. I'm not an after-10-am runner. I really love to run in the very early morning hours before excuses get in the way-the darker the better. However, since Stella hates sleep and loves me, there is no getting up at 5 to run these days. Maybe in January. For now I take it when I can get it. This morning I ran a little after 9. The day was already shaping up to be gorgeous-sunny with a light breeze. I was listening to a Mars Hill podcast until I realized it didn't fully download and it conked out 11 minutes into my 40 minute run. I only had my itouch with me and I only have one song on it. For the next 19 minutes I listened to Shakira's "Waka Waka" repeatedly. After 2 miles I called it quits. Physically I could have kept going, but I needed new music. I really, really need music to run and one song wasn't cutting it. I'm going to find the Ipod Shuffle now....I must get three miles in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment