Sunday, November 21, 2010

At A Crossroads

I am definitely at a crossroads in my training. Over the last month I've done a fair job at sticking to my training schedule, fitting in longer runs, and just building a base. However, I'm at the point that if I am seriously going to run the Disney Half Marathon on January 8 I really, really need to make the commitment and not look back. I have 8 weeks until the race and just enough time to really make it happen. I'm really torn about it...on the one hand, I really want to achieve this goal. It is a goal I've flaked on many times before. On the other hand, trying to squeeze 2+ hour runs into my schedule is a challenge. Forget trying to schedule the baby's feedings and sleep schedule. It is a impossible. Yet, I think I can do it.

This week's training plan:
Monday: 40 minutes (3.5 miles) easy
Tuesday: XT boot camp and yoga
Wednesday: 40 minutes (3.5 miles) easy
Thursday: XT on elliptical and yoga
Friday: 30 minutes (2.5 miles)
Saturday: 7 miles
Sunday:Rest

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment