Sunday, October 31, 2010

This Week's Training Plan

I have three major races on the horizon...

On November 13 I am running in Sao Paulo's 5k Fila Night Run. I am excited about this race as it is a night (obviously) and I've never done a night race. I am hoping I can convince Paul to bring Noah and Sophie to come and cheer me on! It is a bit late for Stella so she may need to sit this race out!

On November 21 I am running in the Samsung 10k near Ibirapuera Park. I am planning to run this race with a friend and then enjoy the Thanksgiving Dinner put on by our school later that afternoon!

Finally I am registered for the Disney Half Marathon on January 8th. I registered for this race when I was 39 weeks pregnant and dying to get my huge body moving again. It was a dumb move. I am so proud of myself for jumping pack into running so soon after Stella's birth but I just find myself being disappointed when I think of this race. It seems so unattainable at this point, but I am desperate to make it happen. Must. Run. This. Half. Marathon.!

Okay, so with those races in mind, here is my training schedule for the week. Paul's in the U.S. so I've had to make a couple of adjustments!

Monday 11/1:Cross Training Boot Camp (Running and Circuit Excercises)
Tuesday 11/2:Rest (No childcare, no husband)
Wednesday 11/3:Run 3 miles
Thursday 11/4:2 miles and Stretch and Strengthen Yoga Class
Friday 11/5:Run 3 miles
Saturday 11/6:Rest
Sunday 11/7:Run 4 miles (Paul comes home!)

I'll be updating my progress to keep myself honest!

Physical Goal for the Week: stick to the training plan
Nutritional Goal for the Week: drink more water
Mental Goal: not string the children up by their toes (and make a running vision board!)

No comments:

Post a Comment