Sunday, October 31, 2010

I am a Runner (Take Two)

I've never been an athlete. I never played team sports or any sport for that matter. Heck, growing up, my family never even watched sports. Yet, sometime around my freshman year of college I became intrigued with the idea of running. A roommate of mine (actually several roommates of mine) would just lace up their shoes and go. Running seemed to be an attainable athletic event. No fancy equipment, just a great pair of shoes and you could head out the door. I ran for fitness throughout college and occasionally here and there in the ten years since I graduated. I've attempted to train for a few half marathons and never made it very far. In the spring of 2009 I put together a few months of solid training and completed a 10k and 12.5k. Then last fall I got pregnant with my third baby. I attempted to run just 4 weeks into the pregnancy but wound up vomiting 4 times that same afternoon. That was enough for me to call it quits for the next 9 months. Stella was born on July 4, 2010 and since then I've been working to get myself back into running shape so that I can finally say, "I am a runner." This blog is about the journey to becoming a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment